j34FF5 BeautyMagazine: Decade in Review – Career, blogging, and personal
P
j34FF5

Decade in Review – Career, blogging, and personal

I’ll have favorite tips and products of 2019 up in the new year, but today I thought it’d be fun to do a ten year recap. Looking back, there were no overnight success stories for me – whether in career, blogging, relationships, or motherhood. While writing this post, I was reminded of how the only way to get where you’re trying to go is to take chances and persevere, on a path that’s sometimes long and winding.

2010

All my young life I thought a traditional, stable job would be my path to success. Started the decade trying to climb the corporate ladder at Deloitte, while blogging on the side as a passion project.

Most popular post: How to look older


Before (left): Ready to get carded for a PG-13 movie.
After (right): A few changes make a big difference in age.
2011

Popular posts: Building confidence beyond stature, Chanel bag reviews

2012

Took Nick to meet family in my hometown of Guangzhou, China, and I met his in Cebu, Philippines. (And after 8 years of dating, he still didn’t propose😆)

After 3 years of intense studying, earned my CFA charter hoping it would be pivotal in my finance career.

Popular posts: DIY low-back bra converter, DIY sleeve slimming tutorial, Prada saffiano tote review.

2013

Was promoted to manager in my Business Valuation group at Deloitte, but increasingly found less and less passion in my work.

Continued blogging early mornings and late nights, which led to a pinch-me opportunity being on a Times Square display for LOFT!

Popular posts: Vintage Coach bag shopping, Purse base shapers

loft petites fit model

2014

Bought and renovated our first home, a small condo in the heart of Boston (cannot believe we still live in with an active toddler). Nick finally proposed on our roof deck!

proposal 2

While I was ecstatic to be planning a wedding, career-wise I felt absolutely stuck. It got to a point where I dreaded getting out of bed each morning and going to work in a field my heart was no longer in. I was unhappy but too afraid to leave behind everything that I had worked for up until this point.

Popular posts (aside from engagement): Ways to style a sheath dress, Womens vs kids Hunter boot review.

2015

Finally found the courage to make a change, and went to work at a footwear startup, M.Gemi.

Had the tea ceremony and wedding of our dreams at the Boston Public Library, with loved ones from around the world.

Popular posts: YSL wallet on chain review, Ways to style an oversized scarf, DIY flower crown tutorial.

boston public library wedding photographer

2016

Inspired by the people I worked with, made a leap of faith to work for myself. Focused on the blog, consulting, and on ideas that didn’t come to fruition but I’m not giving up and am very hopeful for 2020.

Popular posts: Lots of that are still some of the most read ones on EP!

camel pants petite work outfit

2017

Continued building Extra Petite and was over the moon at the chance to work with brands I’ve patronized for years including Nike, Theory, Ann Taylor, Sephora, and going to Shanghai with Lancome and Provence with L’Occitane.

One of our most memorable trips was London at Christmastime (just magical). We visited the year before too and fell in love!

Popular posts: Hair curling tutorial + tips for more volume, Burberry trench coat reviews

2018

Ended a travel-heavy two years with our most favorite trip to date along the stunning Amalfi Coast.

Welcomed our Nori after going through IVF. Became connected with the most incredible community through this journey, from infertility into motherhood.

Most read non-Nori blog postsDesigner handbag reviews, Lentil soup recipe.

amalfi coast lemon grove farm tour

postpartum belly recovery

From my post on postpartum recovery
2019

After dealing with postpartum depression, wrote one of my toughest blog posts on my struggles in motherhood, especially as it was something I had longed for.

Surprised my grandparents with the wedding they never had on their 60th marriage anniversary, and am ending the year spending precious time with them on the west coast.

grandparents surprise wedding 60th anniversary

Thank you so much for being on this journey with us. We wish you all the best in 2020, and sending you all lots of love and encouragement to continue forging your own path in the new decade!



from Extra Petite https://ift.tt/2ZCL27E

No comments:

Post a Comment