j34FF5 BeautyMagazine: Gregory Ellwood’s Top 10 Of 2019: ‘Parasite,’ ‘I Lost My Body,’ ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
P
j34FF5

Gregory Ellwood’s Top 10 Of 2019: ‘Parasite,’ ‘I Lost My Body,’ ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’

Parasite, Song Kang-hoGregory Ellwood’s Top 10 Of 2019: ‘Parasite,’ ‘I Lost My Body,’ ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’

If my top 75 films of the decade list demonstrated anything it’s that I’m a sucker for cinema that sticks with you.  That’s what made 2019 individually a hard year to pull a top 10 for.  It’s not that there weren’t good films, it’s that as well made as many of them were, they didn’t necessarily feel like all-timers.  Well, except for “Parasite,” of course.

On the other hand, “1917,” “Marriage Story,” “The Irishman,” “Little Women,” “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” and “Knives Out,” just to name a few, are all well-acted and smartly crafted pieces of cinema, but will they demand another viewing just a few years from now?

Continue reading Gregory Ellwood’s Top 10 Of 2019: ‘Parasite,’ ‘I Lost My Body,’ ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ at The Playlist.



from The Playlist https://ift.tt/2MqNlFq
https://ift.tt/365K6Lz

No comments:

Post a Comment