j34FF5 BeautyMagazine: Video: 10 Min Everyday Makeup + Sephora Sale Picks
P
j34FF5

Video: 10 Min Everyday Makeup + Sephora Sale Picks

natural everyday makeup tutorial video asian

natural everyday makeup tutorial video asian

Vedern toggle necklace 15″ (choosable length), Express top (old), very similar skirt (xxs fits well)

It’s been a few years since I’ve posted my makeup routine! Some things have not changed (it’s still all neutrals, under 10 minutes, and easy enough for makeup novices) but I’ve been slowly switching out former go-to products with new finds and more clean options. There’s many different standards on clean or less toxic beauty, but for the purposes of this post, I’m going to point out the ones that meet Clean at Sephora guidelines.

And as most of you know, Sephora’s sale is going on with code SPRINGSAVE. “VIB” members get 15% off right now, and “Insiders” get 10% off from April 23rd – 27th (it’s free to sign up for an Insider account)! Some of these products are admittedly pricey, but I can vouch that the majority of them last a very long time thus are worth it in my opinion.

Video

Check my IGTV for the step by step video!

natural asian eye shadow makeup tutorial

Everyday Makeup Products

Not Shown in Video: Shower + Overnight Treatments

Always important to start with healthy hair and hydrated skin + lips. A few products I really love that are on sale:

Clean at Sephora: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 (Sephora; Dermstore) – Super popular but for good reason. Note this is not a conditioner. I use it prior to shampooing & conditioning about once a week, and feel like it’s made a difference on my colored hair that was getting brittle. You can get the smaller size to try out – while it’s still pricey, it’s a lot less than salon treatments!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (Sephora; Laneige)- oldie but goodie. I’ve yet to find a lip mask I like better than this one so it’s always on my repurchase list during these infrequent sales. I put this on before bed (smells so good) and wake up with well hydrated lips.

Clean-focused Brand: Follain Ultra Hydrating Mask (Follain; Anthropologie) – I’ve also been leaving this mask on overnight every few days and it serves as a super hydrating moisturizer. Use code JEANWANG15 for 15% off most products at Follain (which has very stringent requirements for the non toxic skincare and makeup they carry).

Not Shown in Video: SPF + Optional Bronze Drops

Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 (Dermstore; Walmart) – This also comes in a tinted version and was featured in a round-up of my favorite facial sunscreens. It’s lightweight, absorbs well, and my usual choice for under makeup.

Clean at Sephora: Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Drops (Sephora) – I mix one to two pumps of this to my SPF, more if I’m going without foundation for the day. Love that these are tan and not orange. The color won’t really show up if you apply fuller coverage foundation over it, but for lighter makeup looks it adds a nice bronze glow.

1. Foundation

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation (Sephora; Nordstrom) in shade #6
FYI, Sephora’s “shade finder” using my old foundations as reference points worked perfectly for me. Foundations ALWAYS have mixed online reviews and this is no exception, but I personally have more dry skin and love this. It’s fuller coverage but feels very lightweight, and lasts all day for me if you set it. I apply with either a slightly damp beauty sponge or buff it on with a flat top foundation as shown in my video.

Clean at Sephora: I’ve also been meaning to try Tarte Sea Water Foundation with SPF 15 (Sephora; Tarte), and just ordered it in shade 29N during the sale.

charlotte tilbury foundation powder asian makeup tutorial

2. Concealer

Clean at Sephora: Kosas Creamy + Brightening Concealer (Sephora; Kosas) in shade #5
Read more about the brand’s clean-focused mission and ingredients here. This concealer is super creamy and non-drying indeed, and I’ve been liking it better than the popular NARS option in my opinion (I was shade “custard” in NARS). Most unhappy reviews I read about this mentioned yellow undertones, which actually works in my favor because I love how it suits my skin tone. I apply this under my eyes, around the nose, in my chin crevice, and gently tap it out using either fingertips or a damp beauty sponge. The shades run a tad on the lighter side, as #5 is labeled Medium, but it’s comparable to some medium-light concealers I have in other brands.

Tarte Shape Tape (Tarte; Ulta) – in the winter I use shade 274 light medium sand which is very close to Kosas in #5. If speaking purely from a functionality standpoint, Shape Tape is still my favorite under eye concealer.

3. Setting Powder

This has probably become the most important step of my makeup routine. If your concealer isn’t staying all day, if your bronzer or blush is blotchy or is your eyeshadow isn’t blend well, a good setting powder might be all you’re missing. For my quick everyday routine I skip eyeshadow primer, so applying some powder to my eyelids makes a HUGE difference in my eyeshadows going on silky smooth and blending well. 

Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Pressed Powder (Sephora; Nordstrom) – in shade 2 / Medium. Huge fan of this – it’s finely milled and provides a truly airbrush-like finish. I pat this with a powder brush right after applying under eye concealer and also do my cheeks, chin, and eyelids. This feels silky smooth on my skin and helps powder bronzers, blushes or shadows apply seamlessly on top. I still do use loose powder for certain purposes, but pressed is so much less messy!

4. Brows

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ebony (Sephora; Nordstrom) – I use this daily yet it still lasts for ages (just got a new one after maybe 2 years?). I use their #7B Brush (Sephora; Ulta) and apply a very light hand with this powder to not end up with starkly colored brows. As seen in my video, I start by defining the bottom edge of my outer brows, then the top edge of my arches, then fill in the area with small brush strokes, working my way towards the center of my forehead and getting lighter. Finish by using the spool end to brush out the powder for a more natural look.

clean beauty ilia eyeshadow lawless bronzer asian makeup

5. Eyeshadow (read Step # 3 first)

Clean at Sephora: Ilia Eyeshadow Palette (Sephora; Dermstore) – in Warm Nude. I’ve been so happy with this, I’ve added several Ilia products to my “try list” as a result. This is talc-free unlike most eyeshadows, and all of the shades are actually wearable and flattering for me. The hues are in a beautiful mix of 3 different finishes (matte, satin, and metallic) that go easily from day to night looks. The palette itself is also slim and compact!

6. Lash Curler

Shiseido Lash Curler (Sephora; Ulta) – I’ve tried a couple over the years, and this is still the best for my eye shape.

7. Liquid Liner

Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner (Sephora; Ulta) – my holy grail liquid liner that I can’t stray from! Removes super easily with my other holy grail Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover.

8. Mascara

I’ve been skipping mascara for my everyday face out of laziness, and to also speed up the makeup removal process at night. I’ve tried a whole bunch over the years and still prefer my old favorites from Too Faced and Lancome (this waterproof one is the only one that really holds a curl for my stick-straight Asian lashes). Below is my favorite out of more clean-focused options I’ve tried, but with a caveat. 

Clean at Sephora: Milk Mini Kush High-Volume Mascara (Sephora) – I specifically chose the mini version of this mascara because some reviews mentioned that the brush in the full size was big and the packaging was a bit heavy. I also prefer to buy mini mascaras to avoid drying out and waste, since I don’t use it daily. This mascara is so lightweight and makes my lashes longer and fluffier, BUT it does start smudging onto the under eye area within an hour afterwards – I wipe it off with BiFacil before going on about my day without more issues, but that’s obviously not ideal. If you also use this mascara and have found a solution, let me know!

9. Bronzer

Clean at Sephora: Lawless Velvet Matte Bronzer (Sephora) in Golden Hour – I’ve been seeing more and more about this clean-focused brand and am excited to try more products form them! This is well described, as it’s finely milled and truly applies velvety smooth but with a matte finish. I have the lighter shade, but I could have gone for the darker Blazed. I brush on several sweeps of this and can likely use less in Blazed for a more pigmented bronze. My brush in the video is an old one from Sephora Collection – I think the closest one available now might be their Pro Bronzer Brush #80.

10. Lips

Mac Lipstick in “Velvet Teddy” (Nordstrom; Ulta) – This neutral lipstick has been one of my everyday go-to’s for years. For me it’s the perfect “my lips but better” shade and is very forgiving when applied quickly.

clean beauty asian everyday makeup routine

Hair Update

I’ve been getting a lot of questions on these waves, so wanted to mention a few updates from my voluminous curls tutorial! I mostly still follow that process using the same products and tips for volume, but started using this larger 1.25″ Revlon curling iron with a clip (also at Ulta) instead of clipless, also I brush the curls out with my fingers after they cool to form softer waves.



from Extra Petite https://ift.tt/2x5WpLm

No comments:

Post a Comment