j34FF5 BeautyMagazine: R29 Style Picks: Everything We Want To Buy In November
P
j34FF5

R29 Style Picks: Everything We Want To Buy In November

If the dark nights and rainy days have you considering never setting foot outside your home again – join the club. We know to brace ourselves for the change in weather each year but it’s safe to say that the transition from sun-dappled autumn to freezing cold winter still stings. The one redeeming factor about heading into the depths of big coat season is the introduction of cosy clothes. Thanks to the pandemic, we've kept a collection of loungewear on rotation for the better part of the year but the colder months really allow us to step up our game, going full steam ahead with fleeces, knits and thermal underlayers. These warm wardrobe additions make it somewhat easier to embrace winter, keeping us snug while working from home or spending a lazy Saturday on the sofa.In preparation for the turning weather, team R29 are stocking their cosy clothes inventories with a selection of sweatshirts, leggings and woolly jumpers. And for those who still have an appetite for venturing outside, our November wish list also includes a collection of beanies, bucket hats and black boots to keep you sheltered from the storms. To check out everything that R29 staff are wearing this month, click through the slideshow ahead...At Refinery29, we’re here to help you navigate this overwhelming world of stuff. All of our market picks are independently selected and curated by the editorial team. If you buy something we link to on our site, Refinery29 may earn commission.Georgia Murray, Fashion EditorI’m trying to stay committed to my daily walks come rain or shine but, God love you England, you’re testing my patience. Still, my Rains hat does wonders for my motivation in this weather. I flip the peak up – don’t forget to tie around your chin to make it wind- as well as rain-proof.Rains Boonie Hat, $, available at RainsI love the sweatshirt and joggers combo I’ve been wearing since summer ended but I need shaking out of the comfort trap and reminding what it feels like to dress up properly every now and then. What better antidote to loungewear than sexy underwear? I love Fenty and Dora Larsen but recently found The Underargument, another brand I admire for its casting and ethos. I nabbed this velvet longline bra and matching high-waisted briefs. The Underargument Longline Triangle Bra, $, available at The UnderargumentTo switch it up from my rotation of Ninety Percent and Les Boys Les Girls tracksuits, I’ve had my eye on new Welsh label Huna’s dreamy nightwear. The brand ranges from size 6-20 and uses organic linen and eco elastic. This set will be as sweet with a sweatshirt, chunky socks and shearling slippers for winter as it will with Birkenstocks in summer.Huna Sleep Camri Set, $, available at Huna SleepAnna Jay, Art DirectorI won’t be surprised if I find myself working from home in this beanie now it’s getting chilly. I really like Hilary Grant’s palette of environmentally friendly dyes, and the textiles are also cruelty-free. Hilary Grant Beacon Hat, $, available at Hilary GrantI’m on the third year of my current winter boots (the lace-up pair pictured) and while I will continue to wear them, I’d like an extra option in a Chelsea boot. These will be super comfy and I like the simplicity of the matte leather. Clarks Orinoco 2, $, available at ClarksI won’t be buying this new as there are so many good ones secondhand. I’m scouring eBay as we speak! Barbour Classic Bedale Wax Jacket, $, available at BarbourAlicia Lansom, Editorial Assistant After missing out on the latest JW Anderson x Uniqlo drop, I went in search of another set of dreamy woolly joggers to keep me warm this winter. While they might not be the exact shade of slate grey I was after, these knitted bottoms from Zara are a near-perfect substitution which I can’t wait to wear on a rainy weekend in the house.Zara Knit Wool Joggers, $, available at ZaraI only own two jumpers, one black and one grey. I’m hoping this turtleneck sweater will inject some much-needed colour into my autumn wardrobe while keeping me cosy when I choose to venture outside.Weekday Aino Sweater, $, available at WeekdayDespite wanting a pair of Jadon Doc Martens for over a year, I’ve always found a way to avoid splashing the cash. This autumn, however, I’m ready to bite the bullet and invest in these humongous boots, even if I don’t have many places to walk in them right now.Dr Martens Jadon Platform Boots, $, available at DR MARTENSJessica Morgan, Staff WriterAs the mercury drops, so does my body temperature and my hands and feet always suffer the brunt of the cold weather. These beautifully coloured cashmere gloves should keep my hands warm and toasty this season.John Lewis Cashmere Gloves, $, available at John LewisWe’re all still working from home, which means at no point in the coming months will I be swapping the leggings and sweatpants I have been wearing around the house for jeans. I'm yearning after yet another pair of Lululemon leggings – they're versatile enough to take me from lounging to walking to napping without having to get changed.lululemon Fast and Free HR Tight 28", $, available at lululemonI know I have nowhere to go this season but if I’m going to leave my house for anything, I’m going to want a coat that feels as warm as my duvet. This one ticks all the boxes. berghaus Combust Reflect Down Jacket, $, available at berghausSadhbh O'Sullivan, Health & Living WriterThis handmade mask is so damn cute! It will bring a bit of sunshine to the increasingly dark days we’re heading into...PeoniesbyAmelia Linen Masks, $, available at EtsyI love the shape and cut of this 100% linen, eco-friendly dress. It’s perfect for swanning around the flat and dressing up for the pub garden in winter months – I’d wear with a warming high neck, khaki cords and Converse.Law Design Studio Hayley Oversized Linen Dress, $, available at Wearth LondonFor somewhat obvious reasons I am dreaming of the perfect sweatpants right now and Ninety Percent has delivered. The dramatic two-tone colourway makes them interesting enough to be exciting as part of a WFH outfit but easy and comfortable enough to shlub around in. I am dreaming of the day I have saved up enough to buy them.Ninety Percent Organic Cotton Two-Tone Boy-Fit Joggers, $, available at Ninety PercentKristine Romano, Photo & Design AssistantI came across this studio through @asouthlondonmakersmarket and love all the playful silver earrings on offer. These squiggle earrings in particular are so fun! They’re also handmade using recycled silver. Studio Vincent Squiggle Earrings, $, available at Studio VincentI’ve been looking for another pair of activewear leggings to add to my rotation now that it’s too cold for my bike shorts. I’m currently considering this pair from Closely, which looks both comfy and durable. Being completely new to the brand, I also appreciate how much information is available on Closely's website regarding its supply chain and sustainability practices.Closely Addictive Leggings, $, available at CloselyI don’t own a single pair of matching pyjamas but these definitely have me tempted! I can’t really justify the price so, for now, I’ll keep dreaming about how fun it would feel to lounge around in this set.Holiday The Label Pyjama Pant Set, $, available at Lisa Says GahVicky Spratt, Features EditorAs someone who now goes out for walks a lot because there isn’t much else to do, it recently dawned on me that umbrellas add hassle to your life and that a rain hat makes way more sense. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. I can’t stop thinking about this super simple black hat from Swedish rainwear brand Stutterheim. Stutterheim Beckholmen Black, $, available at StutterheimOne of the things that has definitely changed permanently for me as a result of the pandemic is taking pyjamas seriously. When I’m not walking in the rain, I’m making the most of staying in. I used to throw on an old T-shirt but now I want PJs that I could legitimately wear as loungewear. This set from Toast is everything I would need to get dressed up for a night in.Toast Ada Soft Double Cotton Pyjama, $, available at ToastAs above, going outside is the only way I get my kicks these days. But recently, the walks that kept me sane earlier this year turned into a muddy minefield. And so I’m dreaming of these Ganni wellies that don’t really look like wellies, which would absolutely get me through winter and stop me ruining all my trainers... Ganni Recycled Rubber Country Boot, $, available at GanniJacqueline Kilikita, Beauty EditorMy hands are the first thing to feel the cold weather. I’m a beauty editor so I should know my stuff but no amount of hand cream seems to stop them from taking on a sandpaper appearance. The only solution is a pair of sturdy gloves or mittens. These are super cute and match the teddy bear coat I just bought.Whistles Borg Mittens, $, available at John LewisAnother Style Picks, another pair of black boots – you’re right. But they go with absolutely everything (I’d probably team these with mom jeans) and this pair looks as comfortable as it does on-trend. The chunky, cleated sole is giving me chic emo vibes and I’m so here for that.Schuh Black Alba Cleated Leather Chelsea Boots, $, available at SchuhI’m trying to inject a little more colour into my wardrobe this autumn, starting with this punchy red sweater. The chunky knit looks super cosy, making it the ultimate piece for al fresco meet-ups (thanks, tier two) and for when I absolutely refuse to put the heating on.& Other Stories Balloon Sleeve Knit Sweater, $, available at & Other StoriesLike what you see? How about some more R29 goodness, right here?The Best Ways To Shop Sustainable Knitwear25 Shearling Jackets To Keep You Nice & Toasty5 Activists On Making Your Wardrobe Sustainable



from Yahoo Style UK https://ift.tt/2HKFx2l
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment