j34FF5 BeautyMagazine: An Honest Review Of True Skincare, The Brand Everyone’s Talking About
P
j34FF5

An Honest Review Of True Skincare, The Brand Everyone’s Talking About

Every so often, a skincare brand comes along which makes us sit up and take notice. Most recently, beauty enthusiasts have been loving PSA Skin, Glow Hub and Q+A Skincare (touted as a natural version of The Ordinary). But lately, it seems everyone is talking about True Skincare.The brand became an overnight hit when founder and owner Emma Thornton secured an impressive investment on the BBC's Dragons' Den. It wasn't just the dragons Emma won over; since then, her products have sold out at Lookfantastic, Holland & Barrett and Boots. True's eco-friendly philosophy is its main selling point, as the products are waterless, certified organic and champion natural ingredients. They are also housed in sustainable but Instagram-worthy packaging, such as frosted glass pots and jars. The price point is also swaying consumers. Vitamin C serum, for example, is notoriously expensive but here it's an affordable £18.99, and none of the products (unless you're snapping up the sets) exceeds that mark. You know a brand is going to be big when TikTok's skincare lovers jump on the bandwagon and True product reviews are all over the app right now. So should you add them to your beauty lineup? I tried five True Skincare products and here are my honest thoughts as a skincare-obsessed beauty editor...Refinery29's selection is purely editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items we love! As part of our business model we do work with affiliates; if you directly purchase something from a link on this article, we may earn a small amount of commission. Transparency is important to us at Refinery29, if you have any questions please reach out to us.Facial toner has multiple benefits (such as increasing hydration and priming skin to receive the ingredients in serums and moisturisers) but I rarely use one. This has swayed me, though, and it's heaven-sent. It's a dream to apply for the calming orange blossom scent alone. Used after cleansing and before serums in the morning and evening, it made my skin look and feel nicely dewy and supple. I'd love a body lotion with the same fragrance.True Skincare Hydrating Blossom & Pine Toner, $, available at True SkincareYou're meant to combine this exfoliating powder with a couple of drops of water to activate it. Once mixed, it turns into a paste and reveals tiny exfoliating particles in the form of chia seeds and kaolin clay. It's smart and eco-friendly but it did nothing for my skin and left me disappointed. Personally, I think the seeds are too soft to provide any proper exfoliation (that might be different for you) and I have to admit I'm not too keen on the floury smell. Instead, I'd recommend Sand & Sky's Enzyme Powder Polish, £44.90, which smooths skin instantly, or Keys Soulcare Be Luminous Exfoliator, £22. Though gentle, you can tailor the level of 'grittiness' to your skin depending on how much water you add.True Skincare Certified Organic Gentle Superfood Exfoliator, $, available at True SkincareThis is a good vitamin C serum for beginners or those whose skin is easily irritated. It's silky and absorbs instantly without the dreaded vitamin C tingle. I haven't been using it for long but it has made my skin look a bit more even in tone. It's affordable but I'd like the bottle to be bigger as I can see myself getting through it quickly. Still, it would make an effective addition to any anti-pollution skincare routine.True Skincare Radiance Renewal 10% Stabilised Vitamin C Serum, $, available at True SkincareUnlike other facial oils, this sinks in fast and doesn't feel greasy or sticky. I'd say it's much better suited to dry or mature skin, rather than my spot-prone complexion. Still, I really love the smell, which reminds me of a luxury spa, and while it's not right for my skin type, I'll definitely use it on my body. True Skincare Certified Organic Rehydrating Rosehip & Rosemary Facial, $, available at True SkincareThis cleansing oil made me look forward to washing my face at the end of the day. Sage flower and geranium make up the tranquil fragrance and very little goes a long way to dislodge heavy, waterproof makeup, including mascara. I'd recommend following with a second cleanse (using a gel cleanser) to ensure any residue doesn't stick around on your skin, especially if you're prone to breakouts. True Skincare Clarifying Safflower & Geranium Cleansing Oil, $, available at True SkincareLike what you see? How about some more R29 goodness, right here?TikTok's Experts Want You To Stop Using Eye CreamYes, Trinny London Really Is Worth The Beauty HypeIs Toner Necessary In Skincare? We Asked The Pros



from Yahoo Style UK https://ift.tt/3t7Hmry
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment